What is a Captive Portal?
The Captive Portal is the web page the user sees before accessing a public Wi-Fi network. Through this web page, users can authenticate themselves and register to the networks using their personal credentials.
What is the function of the Captive Portal?
The Captive Portal enables users to access networks and connects itself to a Radius server in which access data is saved.
The Captive Portal can be used as a marketing tool to collect data and segment users, so that businesses that provide Wi-Fi to their clients can collect useful data and segment it for their marketing campaign.
Last but not least, the Captive Portal can be used to communicate information, insert audio-video advertisement and other similar content that will be seen by users during the authentication process.
Up to 8 SSIDs per Access Point
Design Lubbock allows you to create many different types of SSID: for example, an SSID for employees with WPA encrypted password, an open SSID, one with your own captive portal or one with Tanaza Splash Page for guest access. You can associate up to 8 SSIDs to each access point, even if the stock feature set of the unit doesn’t allow more than one or two SSIDs. The captive portal capability is available for all the Design Lubbock Powered access points.
Promote a brand or a product through Wi-Fi
The Design Lubbock Captive Portal / Wi-Fi Authentication Splash Page is simple to setup for you, and super-simple to use for the Wi-Fi clients as well: no more Wi-Fi clients stuck during the authentication process. Start now building your customized and branded splash page!
- Add your logo to the splash page, remove Design Lubbock’s logo, change colors and background
- Choose the authentication method: click-through, email or phone based (with SMS verification), voucher based authentication, social login
- Publish video and image rotating advertisements through the built-in smart system for advertising
- No coding, no 3rd party application needed.
- Abuse control and black list specific MAC addresses
- Choose session timeout and idle timeout
- Enable/disable communication among clients
- Limit the number of sessions per each client on a per hour/day/week basis
- Allow roaming among APs (centralized authentication).
Captive portal features
- Customize the splash page layout
- Add image and video advertisements through the built-in system
- Enable many different login flows: social login (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Windows Live), or other login flows, like e-mail, phone (verified via SMS token), code, vouchers/coupons
- Set up the landing page and the walled garden
- Show terms and conditions and require acceptance
- Select among multiple languages available
- Share Wi-Fi insights with your customers through the Design Lubbock Dashboard.